Jan 16, 2009

10 Things...a la Domino

10 Things That Make Me Happy

Who: Leah Herzing
Where: Portland
What: Nanny, writer, artist


Charitable Search
The new internet engine that donates cents to your cause every time you search!
www.goodsearch.com


Books, Books, Books!
I'm recently addicted to Karen Armstrong's religious historical non-fiction.
The Bible: An Autobiography, $14.95, powells.com



Best Boots Ever.
I have dreamed of owning Simple shoes for so long...And with the help of a sale and a Christmas gift card, THEY ARE MINE! Made from lots of cool recycled materials, so you can feel hip and green.
Women's Toetally Boot in Tan, $120, amazon.com


Unique Art & Gifts
Finds on etsy are never ending! It's hours of fun searching the shops.
Popcorn slug, $9.00, LullabyLily, etsy.com







Sentimental Bling
My new aquamarine ring that I don't have a picture of yet! I found it while visiting family in Washington, IL., and put it under the Christmas tree from Dan to me :-)
$17.50, Touch of Homespun, (309) 444-5707


Boy-Short Undies + Chickens = Sexy
I stocked up on a bunch of these after I took a pair home and realized how great my butt looked in them. Hubby-tested and approved.
Bluebird Graphic Boy-Short, $6.50, oldnavy.com





Cuddles
I couldn't live without my blankies, all things soft and wrappy-wonderful! My long-term goal is to outfit our entire bedding with organic linens like these from Gaiam.
Assorted Deluxe Flannel Bedding, $44.00-$100.00,
gaiam.com




Stationery Stock
I keep all kinds of cards, paper, labels, and envelopes on hand for notes to friends and family. This box of cards by Binth is my favorite to have handy for newborn congratulations.

Alphabet Boxed Notecards, 5-3/8" x 7-1/2", 26 cards & envelopes, $16.95, chroniclebooks.com




Gingerale Me, Baby
My current IV. Helps with nausea from all of my drugs. I'm currently drinking the 365 brand from Whole Foods because it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup...But I am on the look out for something more tasty. Any suggestions?
Blenheim Mild Hot Ginger Ale, 12 oz. bottled six pack, $8.29, beveragesdirect.com




Target Bags!
I don't have a photo of my current one--a mustard yellow shoulder tote by Mossimo with a great front pocket for my nano. However, I'm already coveting this cheery one by Hayden-Harnett.
Canvas Flight Tote, 18" x 2" x17" $49.99 Target.com

No comments: