Oct 1, 2008

Decorating: Zen Retreat & Pet Closet























This is a lovely parlor-turned-zen-retreat that I keep meaning to share. It's Lorri & Carmen's entry room to their home & Lorri just redecorated what was a formal dining space to a more casual spot for relaxation. I wish I had a picture of the before....It was beautiful with a clean, white, classic look--So the change was drastic! Isn't it great? My favorite aspects are the wall color (brave Lorri!), the Buddha fountain, plush rug, and trunk-like stool.

I've had the decorating bug myself, but we aren't in a position to carry out any major work that I would like to. So tonight? I redecorated the pet closet. Oh yes. Rocco, Hobbes, and I sat down and discussed color swatches, what they hoped the space would achieve for them, and how to make it a bit more Martha Stewart so I wouldn't mind cleaning the litter box everyday. The result?













A hand-knit catnip-filled fish dangles from the doorknob and inside, Hobbes' pink litter box (a gift from Auntie Gayle) with brand new litter--Feline Pine! (We're going for a more environmentally friendly litter. I hope it works because I'm tired of coughing and having a headache when I scoop that clay stuff in his box.)























Top shelf: Feline Pine, kitty bubbles by SmartyKat, Bitter Apple anti-chew spray. Middle shelf: Egg Press dog and lion illustrations, baskets with grooming tools and another hand-knit catnip-filled toy by George. Bottom shelf: Brown bags & a scooper, royal lion illustration by Sukie, box liners, Pure Ayre odor-eliminator spray, and the Dog Owner's Manual. (I also used craft paper to add color to the back of the wall.)

1 comment:

Christie said...

Nicely done, mon amie. You've inspired me to start some home projects of my own. First on the list, the laundry room. I'd like to set up a recycling center in there.