Sep 26, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Pax!


This little adorable munchkin celebrated his first birthday Saturday, amongst many friends of his parents and his grandma Beth. The theme was based on the tasty Indian cuisine, so I brought jewel stickers so that everyone could have a bindi. I stocked the good man up with plenty of clothing for his 18-24 month wardrobe, including a Star Wars onesie and chic pantalons du France.

I happen to love this little guy--not just because he comes from two totally beautiful and wonderful individuals that I have known both separately and together, but because he readily welcomes me into his world. I can forget the stresses of the day by sitting with him and letting him grab my nose and put it in his pocket--over and over again. This is the joy of children, right? They love you and take pleasure in you no matter what! I can feel like the scum of the Earth and then Pax will bestow kisses. *Pure pleasure.* I so look forward to our own little nugget of creation....

Anyone into music can also copy our other gift:

PAX: Your First Year in Music, Featuring:

Released 07 September: Iron and Wine, Shepherd's Dog, "Innocent Bones."
...October: Radiohead, In Rainbows, "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi"
...November: Sigur Ros, Hvarf - Heim, "Samskeyti (Live)"
...December: Rufus Wainright - Does Judy Live at Carnegie Hall, "Over the Rainbow"
Released 08 January: Of Montreal, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? "Suffer For Fashion"
...February: Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago, "Skinny Love"
...March: She & Him (Zoey Deschanel & M. Ward), Volume I, "Hold On Me"
...April: Sun Kil Moon, April, "Lucky Man"
...May: Deathcab for Cutie, Narrow Stairs, "I Will Possess Your Heart"
...June: Wolf Parade, At Mount Zoomer, "Soldier's Grin"
...July: Beck, Modern Guilt, "Gamma Ray"
...August: Conor Oberst, Conor Oberst, "Cape Canaveral"

No comments: