Oct 21, 2008

The Birthday Day

[An indulgent dessert: Organic Pear & Apple Galette]

The birthday day follows the rules of treating yourself very, very well, with an extra-fabulous treat. This was accomplished by:
  • My girlfriend, Melissa, taking me out to lunch and window shopping. We had grilled sandwiches and soup at Paradise Bakery and browsed for what could have been an eternity at Anthropologie. Not only did the little booger buy my lunch and coffee, Melissa also surprised me with a gift certificate to the store! Hurray! I treated myself to 2 pairs of adorable knee highs and a mustard colored crochet neck wrap.
  • Dan picked me up and took me to pick out a new pet! We have a big glass bowl with a terrarium Dan designed as a Christmas present last year--but it was failing miserably. I jokingly told Dan, If you clean it out, I'll put a fish in it! So we did~! He let me pick out a beautiful Betta fish ("Siamese Fighting Fish") and we brought him home...Now I have FOUR BOYS to take care of. Our Betta fish is soft in color with shades of pink, purple, and blue, which reminded me of a Beatrice Addressing Dante by Sir William Blake, so I aptly named him Blake! He's very handsome. I will have a picture soon!
  • I spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking a dessert for the evening (see above).
  • We gathered at Lorri & Carmen's with Matt and Gayle for major yummy food, presents, a little Amaretto, guitar hero, and Saturday Night Live. (The extra treat? SNL had a new skit with my favorite character, Sue, the woman who can't handle suspense played by Kristen Wiig, "Engagement Surprise."

No comments: