Dec 17, 2008

Project #4: Growth Chart Keepsake




















I wish I could claim creative credit for this heirloom growth chart, but I got the idea from fabulous Miss Natalie. I used the same concept but made it a little Christmas-y with red and white polka dot lining and a green label on top with Logan's name. Every Christmas Eve, Logan will get to measure his height on the hanging burlap strip and record it on a pinned tag. Everything easily folds up, stored in the box until the next year. The trickiest part was finding the right wide burlap strip (ultimately found at Walmart) and hot-gluing the yarn. (Thanks, hubby!) A little birdie told me that my sister is making a blog, so hopefully she will share photos of Logan's first measurement!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

That is too cute, Leah. Don't ya just love Etsy?

Cathy said...

That's adorable!

April said...

Another creative moment by Leah! :-) Love it!