Feb 13, 2011

for the pure joy of it:

Image002 if you were suddenly given the day off, what would you do? you don't have to go to work, you don't have to do anything that is on a list of "to do's," and you don't have to take care of anybody else but yourself. you get to do something just for the pure joy of it. for some reason this question was on my mind today and i couldn't really answer it. i don't know what i would do. my first guess for dan is golfing. his coworker emailed this photo from one of their work games recently. i am curious what other people's favorite things to do are...i am sure dan's other choice would be fishing. i am having trouble thinking of my own. the only thing that comes to mind is watching tv and that seems to be a very uncreative and lethargic choice. when i was younger, i could have given so many answers! play piano, draw, ride my bike, write, etc. where did that busy and creative girl go? i sometimes feel jealous of dan because he gets so genuinely excited when he gets to go golfing or fishing. at first i thought i was jealous because he wanted to do something else instead of hang out with me, but that wasn't it. it's the fact that he has something he wants to do and i don't. sure, i like to go fishing with him, but i don't get a real sense of pleasure in the way that he does. in fact, i can't think of any activities that give me a pleasure like that. the elephant in the room right now is my fear that my chronic depression has smothered my genuine love for doing things. eek! is it true? i don't know. all i know is that it was very hard for me to answer my own question. what do you enjoy doing?

No comments: