Jan 26, 2013

Shazam 1.26.13



Recently on good ol' vinyl / Jared Grabb


Somewhere along the way (in between getting a full time job and having a baby, I think!) I lost my love for music. That love for music used to be so completely woven into every aspect of my day and now I can't even tell you what I like to listen to when I have the chance. I'm out of touch! I've lost track of the super lovely game of finding great new music! When Raine is in the car we listen to Dan Zane's. (I am fine with it but Dan can only handle so much. I think he reached a point where he wanted to poke his eyes out and hijacked the CD player tonight when we went grocery shopping. He introduced Raine to Elliot Smith. Raine was surprisingly into it!) At the office, I basically throw on Pandora with a standard comfort musician/band (The Lumineers for example) because I can't concentrate on it but I want something in the background that I know I'll like. When I'm alone in the car, I end up listening to talk radio. But I'm trying to change. So in an effort to get some exposure once again, I am trying to surf the radio and listen for new stuff and get a little more hip with the digital times. I have an iPhone but I hardly have any music on it! I also have an iPod shuffle but I only used it at the gym and ...well, that was two years ago. Honestly I find myself having a hard time navigating iTunes. Ugh. I need a tech lesson. In the meantime, help me out! What are you into lately? Have you discovered anything? Dan hooked me up with the Shazam app and I'm addicted. Do you use it? What other music apps/web sites/goodies do you like?

Here's what I Shazam'ed this week!!!
Sweater Weather / The Neighbourhood
Anything Could Happen / Ellie Goulding
Boom Boom Pow / Black Eyed Peas (Really? Hm.)
Your Eyes / Loch Lomond
Mercy / Kanye West Feat. Big Sean & Pusha T & 2 Chainz
The A Team / Ed Sheeran
We Are the Tide / Blind Pilot
Hold On / Alabama Shakes
Everlong / Foo Fighters
Little Black Submarines / The Black Keys (Shazam'ed it TWICE. Ha!)

What about you?



7 comments:

Christie said...

I recently hear Ed Sheeran on NPR (see link below) and he mentioned this song specifically being taken off the air down south because of what it is about. Silly southerners. I love the song and think he's great. So, ultimately, I approve of this selection. :)

Christie said...

Methinks I forgot the link: http://www.npr.org/2013/01/02/168366077/ed-sheeran-all-pluses-no-minuses

Leah said...

Christie! So interesting! I will have to listen to it again now that I read that. Hurray for controversy in art.

Corey said...

You need to get Spotify. It is the best way to share music with friends and the iphone app is great. There is a free version, but you pay a couple bucks a month for the ability to download stuff to your phone and have your account sync up. Its worth it, all the music you want legally, plus you can look through your friends' playlists and send songs to each other. I have discovered some of my favorite music there. Pretty sure Hattie uses it as well.

Leah said...

Corey,

Dan signed up for Spotify and then abandoned it. He didn't find it user friendly (I Think.) I get the idea that it is the same as Rhapsody, which we have a membership to. What makes it better? I guess linking up to friends' info and playlists would be helpful....Maybe I will give it a go. Thanks! ;)

Leah said...

Oh, and does the account sync to your iMusic ?

Corey said...

Kind of. When you first set it up, it scans your imusic and imports your playlist. But after that, it is pretty independent. I have never used Rhapsody so I can't speak to that. I tried Rdio and that was a pretty similar service as well.