Jul 30, 2011

Blasty's Nursery - Finished!

Oh my goodness...Where do I begin? This room has been a project of labor and love for much longer than I have even known I am pregnant. As most of you know, I started stockpiling things for "future-baby" back in 2004 when I started working at a baby boutique, and then actually started scouting out furniture and decor while browsing blogs for unique ideas in 2007 when we first started trying to conceive. Of course, times change and my taste changed over and over again, so by the time I found myself with a positive pregnancy test, a virtual license, if you will, to start creating a nursery(!), I was both excited and overwhelmed with ideas. I pulled out everything I had stored away and put together an "inspiration" album to guide me (check it out here, if you like). I didn't just decorate this room, I curated it. Every single little detail has a story that I could tell and was selected with more than enough special care and consideration. And I have to thank that SILLY. AMAZING. WONDERFUL. husband of mine for his help and record-breaking patience as I altered this sacred 125 square foot space over the last 8 months! :)

So without further ado, here are the basics, followed by a link to the album with more detailed photos....!

4 comments:

Christie said...

It's perfect! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet your little one. :)

Laura said...

Everything looks so fantastic, Leah! I love all the little details. As a mama of two big rough and tough dudes, it strikes me that you may have to move some things as he gets older, but you probably know that. :) It's a wonderful room and you all will spend many happy hours in there. xoxo

melly said...

Wow Dan & Leah! This room is by far the loveliest nursery I have ever laid eyes on! You two are going to have so much fun in here with Blasty! I love the Kicky Pants PJs and the Panda Bear!!! Every detail is beautiful, your heart must be bursting right now! Not much longer until he's in your arms.... xoxoxo

Granny Char said...

Can't wait to post my welcome on the chalkboard.