Oct 27, 2008

Boinky Popus

We are more than thrilled to have Jess & Josh (& Pax) join us in the blogosphere. You can find their blog here. I had to look up "popus" in the dictionary because I had no idea what it was. Not only is it part of the blog's name, it is also listed as an interest of theirs on their profile. They are the only blogspot members who have this interest. The dictionary asked me, 'Do you mean ''porpus'' or ''pops''?' It also suggested "pop-us" or "po-pus," which neither have definitions anyway. Hopefully they will enlighten me as to the meaning of the word, but maybe it is not meant to be understood by the rest of us. Either way, I like it. And who doesn't like that ridiculously adorable boy, Pax? Or Jess or Josh? They inspire me. We are so lucky they settled here in Portland and we get to spend time with them. Our recent rendez-vous have been debate night get-togethers and football watching at the Ship. As you can see on their blog, they've already voted, which kind of bummed me out because I wanted them to come over for our "vote night." That's right! I'll be making a pumpkin filled stew, adorning guests with vote stickers, busting out our ballots (we mail in Oregon), and maybe watching a little baseball followed by Obama's 30 minute message. Yes, we plan on voting for him. We have proudly placed an ObamaRama air freshener in our car to signal our support. We also plan on voting for Linda Hendersen, who is running for city council position #4. She wants to build a dog park in Sherwood. YES PLEASE!!!! If it happens, we'll invite Josh, Jess, and Pax down for some dog play at the park-which is more fun than coming to our small condo. (They live with four dogs.) Anyway, happy reading and blessings for Boinky Popus!

No comments: